ATTENTION ARTISTS: Next Artwork Pickup is
Tuesday August 28th from 6-9pm at AWOL Gallery, 76 Ossington.
All artists are asked to pick up work either themselves or make arrangements to have artworks picked up by someone else on this date. If work is being picked up by someone else please e-mail or call in with this person's name beforehand.
AWOL Gallery (Toronto, Canada) is
once again planning for another edition of The Square Foot Show, an annual
visual art group exhibition of hundreds of local, national, and
international artists in all media. It is an incredible
networking event for artists to gain exposure to collectors,
curators, media, other artists and the general public.
This is Square Foot’s tenth year and the AWOL
Collective is very excited for this years anniversary exhibition. We will hold The Square Foot Show at an off-site
venue called TWIST Gallery at 1100 Queen St.
West. Twist Gallery can accommodate
both the numerous artworks and the hundreds of people
who come to view this exhibit every year - In 2011
over 500 artists participated with over 1500 pieces
Join us for this very special Tenth Anniversary Square Foot 2012 and join us in marking this milestone with yet another successful Square Foot exhibition!
Thank You in Advance,
~ Artist Registration is now Closed ~
~ Questions? - Refer to FAQs Page Here ~
- All artwork must be exactly 12” x 12”
inches (the outer dimension of the piece, framed or unframed) and no more than 5 inches thick.
- Work cannot be hung on an angle, so plan your
work to be level. (If the pieces do not meet the dimensional criteria,
they will not be shown.)
- Up to three (3) pieces can be submitted. However, Due to space limitations, AWOL Gallery cannot guarantee that all three pieces will be displayed. However, AWOL will try to display at least TWO pieces per participating artist.
- Submission Fee: $20.00 (Paypal) or $25.00 (cheque / money order / cash ) per artist (not per
piece). Please do not send cash
by mail (Hand deliver cash only). CHOOSE ONE METHOD OF PAYMENT
- Each artist participating in the square foot
show must register independently.
- Artist’s Name on contract MUST match
artist name on ARTWORK.
ARTWORK DROP OFF/DELIVERY DATES:
Tuesday July 24th, 5 – 9 pm (AWOL Gallery: 76/78 Ossington
Thursday July 26th, 5 – 9pm (AWOL Gallery: 76/78 Ossington Avenue, Toronto)
MAIL: Work sent by mailed must arrive by END of DAY
Thursday, July 26th.
(if mailing work you must include
sufficient return postage for unsold art).
Mail work to: AWOL Gallery, 78 Ossington Ave, 2nd floor,
Toronto, Ontario, CAN. M6J 2Y7
- Best in Show: Future Solo Exhibition at AWOL Gallery + Gift Certificate Courtesy of Aboveground Art Supplies, Toronto + Spot in Future TEN of TEN Group Art Exhibition
- 1st Runner Up: Gift Certificate, Gift Bag Courtesy of Aboveground Art Supplies, Toronto + Spot in Future TEN of TEN Group Art Exhibition
- 2nd Runner Up: Gift Certificate, Gift Bag Courtesy of Aboveground Art Supplies, Toronto + Spot in Future TEN of TEN Group Art Exhibition
- 3rd through 10 Runner Up: Spot in Future TEN of TEN Group Art Exhibition
**The jury will consist of outside art professionals.
4th – Sunday August 19th, 2012
PRESS & COLLECTORS GALA EVENING (ticketed event): Friday August 3rd at 7pm
ARTISTS RECEPTION (free): Saturday August 4th at 7pm
Saturday August 4th, the exhibition will be open from
12-6pm and close from 6-7pm for reception preparation.
Gallery Hours: Wednesday–
Saturday 12 – 7pm & Sunday 12 – 5
Location: Twist Gallery,
1100 Queen Street West (Just West of Dovercourt)
Due to the large number of artists
participating in the show please refer to the FAQs
page by clicking here.
If your question is not on the FAQs page please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Foot 2008 Youtube footage: (click on the links below)